Emslie’s Floreat Pharmacy offer several important health care services including the Home Medicines Review (HMR).
A pharmacist must have special accreditation to be allowed to perform a HMR, therefore in keeping with their aim to provide the Perth community with exceptional health care services, Emslie’s have three qualified pharmacists who are able to perform this service.
The HMR is a very welcome health service with the aim of improving a patient’s knowledge and understanding about the medicines they are taking.
This review is very beneficial to all those healthcare professionals who are involved in the care of their patients.
A Home Medicines Review (HMR) involves your GP and an accredited pharmacist of your choice.
Your doctor will set up a HMR by writing a referral to your pharmacist, who will conduct an interview with you, which can take place in the comfort and privacy of your own home.
After the interview, the pharmacist will write a report and send it back to your doctor, this report may include recommendations that involve changes to your medication regime.
Your GP will want to discuss these changes with you and alter your medication regime accordingly.
Some of these changes may include:
• Demonstrating how to take your medicines correctly.
• Helping you to understand why and when to take your medicines.
• Explaining where your medicines should be stored.
• Discussing what you could expect when taking your medications.
• The type of problems that you should report to your GP.
• Understanding which prescription medicines, over-the-counter medicines and vitamins are appropriate to take together.
• The clarification of any confusion you may have with generic medicines.
• Assisting you in remembering when to take your medicines.
• Actually needing to have your medicines changed.
The pharmacist’s review and report is paid for by the Australian Government, so it will not cost you anything, however your GP may bulk-bill or charge you for the GP consultation.
If you take multiple medicines on a regular basis, it is very easy for you to become confused as to whether you have taken your medicines or not. It is quite common for some people to take more than their required dose or simply miss a dose because they think that they have already done so, both cases which can have a very negative impact on your health.
HMRs are particularly useful for people who:
• Take more than five medicines a day.
• Recently spent time in hospital.
• Have concerns about their medicines.
• Are confused about their medicines.
• Do not always remember to take their medicines.
Emslie’s Floreat Pharmacy have been providing outstanding health services to their customers for many years as part of their overall commitment to the Perth community. Some of these health services include:
• NDSS (National Diabetes Service Scheme)
• Bone Mass Density Testing
• Blood Pressure Testing
• Blood Sugar Level Testing
If you wish to find out more about Emslie’s health services and better health products including queries relating to your medication, call into the Emslie’s in Floreat, Perth, WA.
Emslie’s Floreat Pharmacy
PHONE: 08 9387 1803
FAX: 08 9284 1215
ADDRESS: Emslie’s Floreat Pharmacy, 445 Cambridge Street Floreat WA 6014