Emslie’s Pharmacy in Perth, WA is a Diabetes Australia NDSS sub-agent, providing the highest level of diabetes care to their pharmacy customers.
Diabetes is a medical condition where there is a lack of insulin or no insulin action within the patient’s body.
Where there is no action of insulin, then the Diabetes is known as Type 1.
Where there is reduced insulin or insulin resistance, the Diabetes is known as Type 2.
People who may have diabetes would present with the following symptoms but these may NOT be conclusive. Further examination and tests will still need to be performed by your doctor for a formal diagnosis.
If you have the following symptoms, you are well advised to contact your doctor to arrange a formal assessment.
Symptoms of Diabetes may include:
• Frequent urination
• Lethargy or being very tired
• Blurred vision
• Constant hunger
• Unusual weight loss (type 1 diabetes)
• Possible weight gain (type 2 diabetes)
• Infections or wounds that do not improve
• Extreme fatigue and irritability
• Tingling/numbness in the hands/feet
• Recurring skin, gum, or bladder infections
• Often people with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes may have no symptoms
Managing Diabetes may include:
• Insulin replacement (usually type 1 diabetes)
• Medication – tablets and/or insulin (type 2 diabetes)
• Monitoring blood glucose levels
• Regular exercise
• Healthy eating – low in fat, high fibre, low GI
• Weight management is very important because abdominal obesity significantly increases the risk of obesity-related diseases such as diabetes
• Regular health checks
• Maintaining control of your blood pressure, will help prevent the long term complications which can affect the eyes, kidneys, nerves, heart and circulation.
As a Diabetes Australia NDSS sub-agent, EMSLIE’S FLOREAT PHARMACY provides:
• All listed needles, syringes and glucose test strips at the national Diabetes Australia government subsidised prices
• Blood glucose monitors
• Lancets and pens
• Diabetes record books
• Insulin penfill cartridges
• Sharps containers
• Thrush and Tinea creams and lotions
• Products to help treat urinary tract infections
• Incontinence products
• Urine testing strips
• First aid products for dressing wounds
• Product Training & Instruction
To purchase products which are subsidised under the NDSS sub-agency you will need to bring your Diabetes Australia NDSS registration card or your medicare card and your concession/repatriation card/pension card if you have one.
Contact Emslie’s Floreat Pharmacy
PHONE: 08 9387 1803
FAX: 08 9284 1215
ADDRESS: Emslie’s Floreat Pharmacy, 445 Cambridge Street Floreat WA 6014